Did you know that:
- By the end of 2013, there will be more mobile devices on Earth than people. (1)
- 56% of American adults are now smartphone owners. (2)
- 28% of Internet usage comes from a mobile phone. (3)
- 73% of the executives in a recent Forbes survey said that a bad experience with a mobile website will make them less likely to do business with the sponsoring company. (4)
- 57 percent of consumers said that they will not recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. (5)
- And 40 percent of consumers said that they will go to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience. (5)
Your website is the hub of all your online activities. Even if you have a brick and mortar business, your website is your home base on the internet. As you can see from the statistics above, if it is not mobile friendly, you may be losing business and prospects!
Responsive web design creates a website that adapts to the size and format of the device it is displayed on. Viewing a responsive site while on a mobile device no longer requires extensive scrolling and zooming – the site reconfigures itself. And all of this is taken care of by the website template, so you are only maintaining a single database, there is no need for a separate mobile site!
[Tweet ” A ‘responsive’ website adapts to the size and format of the device it is displayed on”]
I recently re-designed my website and took the opportunity to move to a responsive web design. I am thrilled with the results and so are my mobile visitors. Please click here to see the new site and here to learn more about how we can design a new, responsive website for YOU. There is no more work, on your end, when creating a responsive website – we take care of it all!
1. (Source: Cisco, 2013) – http://www.digby.com/mobile-statistics/#sthash.UEmgbMe6.dpuf
2. (Source: Pew Internet & American Life Project, 2013) http://www.digby.com/mobile-statistics/#sthash.UEmgbMe6.dpuf
5. (Source: Compuware, 2012) – http://www.digby.com/mobile-statistics/#sthash.UEmgbMe6.dpuf